Friday, April 1, 2011

MY FILM: Among the Fallen DVD Art

Hey everyone. I've got some more updates on the status of my first feature film, Among the Fallen. I have just finished putting together the DVD cover artwork, for when I mail out a few copies to a couple local horror film festivals, and the final look of the layout turned out pretty wicked.

As for the film, everything is edited, the sound is complete, all the music has been composed and placed, and all I'm doing now is tweaking with various output settings to see what result looks the best for the final look of the film. It looks like the film should be done within a few weeks. I'll be doing some viewing of the movie over the weekend with a handful of friends to see if there's any problems that need ironed out, but at the moment the end is in sight. Well, enjoy the images below and feel free to comment, critique, and relay your impressions of the artwork. Opinions are welcomed.

The full spread of the layout.

The FRONT cover.

The BACK cover.

Thanks for checking out the work and stay tuned for more info on Among the Fallen.



2 comments:

  1. Nicely written synopsis, Jay. Do I sense a hint of CARNIVAL OF SOULS as well? I'll try and do a post on your stuff tomorrow. This looks really ambitious at least from what I've seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on. There's definitely a strong hint of Carnival of Souls in the film now that I think of it, but looking back on it, it wasn't really intentional. Just something that crept in from all of my inspirations when coming up with the story and overall feel.

    I guess that's the problem with having so many great films to inspire you and manipulate your creative juices, because they sometimes get lost in the shuffle and madness of your mind. Good job in zeroing in on that one and you basically hit it right on the head.

    Any word of mouth you can get out to the public on the film is greatly appreciated. I put a lot of time and effort into making the film what it is and any help you can give in spreading the word would be amazing. Plus I just think it's an interesting effort in making a serious and low budgeted horror film that has integrity and something to say.

    Thanks again for the support!

    ReplyDelete